Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting Started

Coming off a dissapointing freshman year at Husson College, I had very high hopes for UMO, as far as my educational and social expectations. My freshman year at Husson left me with incompetent professors, a class in which I could not get the required text book for until 3/4 of the semester was over, and an adviser who was unwilling to even acknowledge me. I am not saying all aspects of my freshman year at Husson were terrible (I had two professors who I learned alot from and respect very much), but for the amount of money I am paying I expect more. So far I have been very impressed with the professors here, they are all extremely knowledgeable people, who genuinely seem to care about their students. I have already learned so much in these two and a half weeks here, and I find all my classes very interesting. I am excited for the school year this year, and know it will be a much better experience for me than my previous year.

1 comment:

Ed Brazee said...

Glad things are going so well in your new start at UMaine. We're glad to have you here!

What are some of your classes and what are you studying so far?

How are you staying involved with sports here at UMaine?

Look forward to future posts.